System76 - The suck continues
Posted March 12, 2013, 5:19 p.m.
From bad to worse
Not long ago I wrote about my less than great experience with System 76. Well, unfortunately, it seems they weren't quite finished providing the worst customer service and experience possible yet. Now they are telling me, after receiving my returned laptop, that the screen is scratched and they are deducting a $50 dollar fee from my refund.
Now, I know for a fact that the screen was not scratched when I packed it. Not only did I inspect it carefully, but I took pictures as well...this thing was in perfect condition. I'm calling BS on this whole thing.
So what they are trying to tell me then, is that somehow the screen got a scratch during shipping? Yet the rest of the machine was completely undamaged?
The laptop on which:
- The screen is completely protected when closed.
- Had the original plastic film placed over it when I packed it.
- Was placed inside a bag.
- With the foam packaging over top of that.
- Placed inside a box.
- Which is placed inside yet another box.
So somehow during shipping:
- The outer box opened,
- The inner box got removed and opened,
- The foam packaging came off of the laptop,
- The laptop got removed from its bag.
- The screen got opened.
- The film came off.
- And then something scratched the screen.
And of course the reverse then happened to get it all back together again. Seriously? Yeah...
After several weeks of waiting for assembly, delivery, support to get there stuff together so i can return, waiting and paying for return shipping, waiting for them to process it, etc....I'm now out of pocket about $120 with absolutely nothing to show for it...
Thank you System76....